Ethiopian orthodox Tewahido church is an ancient church with recorded history of three thousand years enriched with invaluable, unique heritages of national and international significance. At present the church has over 40,000 churches is the most senior institute that plays important role in the history, civilization and development as well as in social and economic activity of the country, in the field of tourism it is known as the main center for tourist attraction.
Debre Mariam Qorqor (korkor)
The church of Mariam korkor is an ancient church found in Tigray region 10 km to the of Houzen city. It is told that the church was founded during the region of Abreha and Atsebha. The church has 6 pillars and there is column with 24 pillars in each column there are pictures of saints and Angles painted and engraved on the well and on the columns. These paintings have similarity with Buzaantine Art. The place is visited by numbers of tourists.
Narga Selassie Monastery
This is an ancient monastery found in west Gojjam Dioces in lake Tana on Dek Island. It was constructed by Empress Mentewab in 1722-1747.In the monastery there are lots of heritages donated by the Emperors. As described in the chronicle of Narga Selladie Narga means honey. Numerous heritages of the monastery were plundered during the Italian invasion. Today many tourist visits the monastery.
This church is found in Tigray Region in Awlalo wereda. It is rock hewn church built by righteous man named Abba Abreham. The Holy water that springs out from the temple cures the sick numerous ancient heritages are found in the church. The church was built in the 12th century and highly visited by tourists
This church is on ancient church carved out and erected in 1186 by the righteous king Lalibela and had lost of heritages. In the 15 the country during the invasion of Gragn the church was fully covered by soil and stayed blocked until the end of 18th century when Emperor Menelik II made it to be discovered by digging many tourists visit the church.